Search This Blog

Redistricting

Under no circumstances should judges or any unelected officials be given the power to redistrict. To prevent gerrymandering, I favor a plan by which redistricting would be done, as needed, by a mathematical algorithm. The parameters that would determine the district boundaries would include population equity and already existing permanent borders, such as county, school district, and precinct. The diameter (the maximum distance between two points) of the districts would be minimized. Such a plan would be objective, and free from the whims of corrupt politicians who would redistrict to their own advantage. I am a mathematician. I could implement this plan. The accuracy of the calculations could be easily verified.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am born again Christian with a strong interest in politics, doctrine, science, and how these relate to one another.